Once you are ready to start a family, waiting is the last thing you want to do.
The desire to have children can encourage some women to make healthier lifestyle choices.
For women who want to optimize their fertility, taking better care of their bodies is a good first step.
But what else can women do to improve their odds of having a baby?
The most important advice for a woman who wants to get pregnant is to get to know her body, specifically her menstrual cycle.Below are key tips that will help anyone who wants to get pregnant.
1. Predict ovulation. Learning how to predict your ovulation is key to improving fertility. This is because having sex near ovulation improves your chances of getting pregnant with each menstrual cycle. One way in which to determine when you’ll be ovulating is to use a basal body temperature (BBT) thermometer. Women with regular cycles generally ovulate two weeks before the arrival of their periods.It’s harder to predict ovulation in women with irregular cycles, but it usually occurs 12 to 16 days before the start of the woman’s next period.
2. Check for other signs of ovulation. Look for changes in your cervical fluid to help you predict when you’ll be ovulating. When cervical mucus is produced in greater quantities and when it is stretchy in texture, it means you are ovulating and therefore are most fertile.
But if cervical mucus is dry and being produced in lesser amounts, you are less fertile. Some women also experience mittelschmertz (“middle pain”), a mild pain in the abdominal area that is indicative of ovulation.
3. Wear boxers. This is for the man.In trying to conceive,the man is to be involved 100%. Men should wear boxers instead of briefs. This is helpful in improving a couple’s chances of getting pregnant because wearing boxers reduces the risk of the testicles overheating, which can result in sperm damage.The temperature of the testes is at issue: In order for testes to produce sufficient quality and quantity of sperm, the temperature of testes must be lower than the core body temperature.The testes naturally stay outside the body for this purpose.
4. Getting pregnant sex. While timing sex around ovulation can help improve your odds of getting pregnant, another factor that can help in improving your infertility is getting pregnant sex”. This is because certain sexual positions can help to direct the sperm nearer to the cervix, which increases a woman’s chances of conceiving.
5. Importance of female orgasm. While it is well-known that male orgasm is linked to getting pregnant, female orgasm is also relevant to a couple’s chances of successfully getting pregnant.
When a woman experiences an orgasm during sex, it helps to draw the semen into the cervix, thereby resulting in a higher chance of pregnancy.this is known as the “upsuck” hypothesis. While many believe this to be true,others say it is not really necessary.
However,the important thing is that you take all the measures to achieve a good orgasm during sex.Even as you are trying to conceive,let not sex be stripped of fun.
6. Elevate your hips after sex. Following intercourse, elevating your hips and buttocks can help improve your chances of getting pregnant because it helps the semen stay close to the cervix and prevents leakage of the semen. Lying in bed for about 20 minutes with a pillow propped under your hips can help boost your odds of getting pregnant.
7. Don’t douche. While this is a fairly common practice, douching can actually reduce your chances of getting pregnant. Douching affects female fertility because it disturbs the natural state of the vagina and can aggravate vaginal infections.
These are the few tips you should put into practice and watch out how they work.Ensure that you see your doctor throughout the period of your trying and keep up your appointments.
————————————————————————————————————– ANY QUESTIONS? Please leave your comments ,contributions and experiences below.It will be appreciated and somebody might be helped.